Well…actually it’s been one of those weeks and a half.
There has been a lot going on….
* My sister and I took my mom out to lunch and shopping for her birthday on May 2nd. The little plaque says…”Mother is another word for Love”…it was a gift from my oldest daughter to me many years ago.
* Made my granddaughter’s birthday cake on May 3th….Josie helped me make this yummy creation. I still can’t believe that she is now 13 years old. It seems like yesterday that I was holding her as a new born baby.
* Checked out a craft show on May 4th. that I was interested in maybe doing this coming Fall, but after checking it out…I won’t be doing it. We stopped for lunch on our way home and I just loved the flag that was painted on the side of this old building.
* Had a doctor’s appointment on May 6th…just a check up on my back.
* Had another doctor’s appointment on May 8th… for my yearly check up.
* Hubby and I went to dinner at my parent’s on May 10th to celebrate Mother’s Day with my mom.
* My hubby’s birthday was on the May 11th…we checked out a few antique/thrift shops, then headed over to watch our granddaughter run at her track meet. Then later in the day, I got a text from Josie asking us to go out to have pizza with them. We had such a great day with our kids and grandkids.
* Then on Sunday we went to visit my in-laws for Mother’s Day…May 12th.
* Yesterday morning, I rushed our little 6 lb. Yorkie to the vet on May 13…she ate a 12 x 7 piece of fabric. The little stinker got my hubby’s boxers out of the clothes hamper. We thought she was going to have surgery and about 5 minutes before the vet was going to knock her out…Zoey was able to throw up most of it and has been passing a few little pieces today on her own. Just not sure if all the pieces of fabric are out of her yet, but she is does seem to feel better.
I’m hoping that this next week or so is much calmer and less busy, but I sure did enjoy all the time that we got to spend with family. Be back in a few days to share what my hubby got me for Mother’s Day.